Unclaimed Property

My local state senator had an email of a workshop about unclaimed property and out of curiosity I searched for members of my family to see if any money was due to any of us.

My sister was noted on the Unclaimed Property search site for 39 cents owed to her. But for her to get the money back she has to mail a form which costs more money than that unclaimed money, how about my sister could give it back to the state and she can take that 39 cents off her taxes. How about making a regulation that states that any unclaimed money under the current cost of a stamp  can be taken care of without a signature towards credit off taxes.

I would like to see my state senator and member of the board of equalization to consider legislation on this issue.

Matt Munson
Ontario California

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *